Founded in 1824 by Spanish Empresario Don Martin de Leon, Victoria is one of the oldest cities in Texas and is filled with rich history, beautiful architecture, outdoor fun, wonderful family activities, and unique special events. Whether you stay for a day, week, or even longer, a trip to Victoria is sure to be a special experience.
|This site commemorates the former name for Victoria’s Main Street, La Calle De Los Diez Amigos – The Street of Ten Friends. The street was originally named in honor of the influential individuals who were responsible for the initial success of the colony commonly referred to as Guadalupe Victoria.|
• The Museum of the Coastal Bend features exhibits on early peoples of the Coastal Bend, Spanish exploration, and is a member of La Salle Odyssey Project. www.museumofthecoastalbend.org
• The Texas Zoo showcases more than 200 native Texas and exotic animals of over 90 species. Designated the National Zoo of Texas by the Texas Legislature in 1984. www.texaszoo.org
• The Nave Museum is the area’s only fine arts museum, featuring six to eight contemporary art, sculpture, and traveling exhibits each year. www.navemuseum.com
• Victoria Educational Gardens sends visitors through various themed gardens in a peaceful and relaxing environment. www.vcmga.org
• The Historic Homes and Landmarks driving tour has over 80 properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and features such treasures as the Restored 1892 Victoria County Courthouse! http://visitvictoriatexas.com/mobileDrivingGuide/
• Historic Downtown Victoria is a vibrant hub of the city, featuring multiple dining and nightlife options and is commonly the site of special events year round!
• Performing arts are of the greatest quality in Victoria,with shows provided by groups Theatre Victoria, Victoria Ballet Theatre, and the Victoria Symphony orchestra.
• Riverside Park, at 565 acres, includes kayaking and canoeing on the Guadalupe River, 27-hole Riverside Park Golf Course, Riverside Stadium, 21-hole disc golf course, walking trails, large duck pond, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
• Outdoor recreational opportunities abound, with multiple nearby freshwater fishing hotspots at Coleto Creek Park and Reservoir and Saxet Lake Park, and camping and water recreational activities available as well at Coleto Creek Park and Reservoir! Hit the links and enjoy great golfing weather nearly year round at Riverside Golf Course, Victoria Country Club Golf Course, and the Club at Colony Creek Golf Course.
• The Youth Sports Complex includes 5 softball and 7 baseball fields, 4 tennis courts, a covered basketball pavilion, swimming pool, and skate park.
• Shopping opportunities are everywhere in Victoria with major retailers, boutiques, and a variety of antique shops selling unique treasures!